Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Mitch Albom

Heh! Thanks to Jeevan and Joyce! I found new lunch mates! Proudly introduce Sir Bernerd from NTU, and one more NTU guy, and Alicia from RJC [ Attached to NEA till June(:]. We had our usual extended lunch at Tan Tock Seng Hospital today, my last meal with my beloved Meixian, Joyce and Jeevan! I miss you.

Cow lent me the book "For One More Day" by Mitch Albom. It's nice. I finish 3/4 of the book within one day. I wonder why people like to portray mother's love as so great. Hazel do, in her secondary school chinese compo, she will write amazing motherly love stories that would be publized in school collection. Kim Shui can say " My mum is the most beautiful woman I know". Adam Khoo made all of us cry (a bunch of sec 4 teens, both guys and girls) by telling how great is our mum, how hard they have been through to bring us up. Everyone cried. And so I did, but is more out of self-ptiy, because I don't understand why I don't see any of these in my mum, while everyone else felt so touch by it.I don't see the kind of sacrifical love all have described. All I see is a calculative mum. A calculation of how I can be useful to her.


Anyway, it's a great book.

I need money. Im checking for my mailbox for signs of my pay cheque everyday.

No comments: