Sunday, February 28, 2010

What I call tuition

27 February 2010, Saturday.

" Now, this is what I call a tuition."- This is one of the comment made by a student from Pop Excel today. He is the same student who rocked his chair and screamed at the top of his lung during lesson last week. He is one of my student.

I felt so encouraged! Of course, there are much more nonsensical chatters, comments and small fights than such lines, but I think I'm a step closer to the slogan of Gold 95.5 FM " Hear only the good stuff".

That's their advertisement. Pretty Cool. Sometimes this slogan worked(:I used to expect the perfect. 100% attention. 100% hard work. 100% submission. 100% obedience. I would feel so discouraged and like such failure whenever I see 90% of them chattering away. Maybe that's not an effective way. Too demoralising. " Hear only the good stuff", I'm now changing my focus to the 10%. If I have made a change to just one person today, I have achieved something. The satisfaction of a teacher.


No comments: