Friday, February 19, 2010

CNY at Hazel Place

14 January 2010, Sunday Chinese New Year

Hazel invited me over to her place for a steamboat dinner on 1st day of Chinese New Year and we had mahjong with her sister and Dom. (: There was even a round where we finish the tiles of dragon-length with no winners! I had the last tile.

I missed the time where grandpa, grandma yong sin and I would just sit at the open roof top playing Taiwan mahjong in the midnight breeze. I want to go back Taiwan sometimes soon. This year probably. Next month probably. I miss the creaky er'hu that grandpa used to play in our yard under the moon light. And we would play badminton in the same yard at the same time complaining the shadows casted by the mixtures of moonlight and streetlights were blocking the view of the shuttle cork.

When I was saying this er'hu and badminton game @ Alex chalet, they thought it's my imagination, but it's not. It was a habitual past tense. A memory.

Talking about family, I think the intermolecular forces of attraction between Hazel and I makes me feels like she's just part of my family. A physical adsorption.

Happy Chinese New Year to my friends from as close as the girl who lives 10 min's walk from my place to as far as the girl who lives at least 100 min's bus ride, to my family from as close as the boy of a few square tiles away , to the girl of a few highways and streets away, to the relatives of a border away and to the relatives of a few seas away. ROAR! I hope the tigers this year will be loud enough to transmit my greeting to as far as those written above. ROAR. ROAR. ROAR.

No comments: