Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Afghan Girl



The first sight of this afghan girl on The Straits Times on my sister's birthday 30 April captivated me wholely. I don't know why, maybe it was her sea-green eyes with the green backdrop, or it's the red scarf or simply her innocent with horror glare, whatever it is, it totally attracts me on my first sight.

The ungarded moment runs from Friday to July 19 @ the Asian Civilisations Museum's Shaw Foundation Foyer. Admission is free. I really really want to go! I want to see more works of photographer Steve McCurry, especially the afgan girl.

The afghan girl, approximatley 13 years old then, was photographed by journalist Steve McCurry and was featured in the June 1985 National Geographic Magazine. The image quickly grew into fame. Her identiy was unknown for 17 years until they found her in 2008. Her name is Sharbat Gula.

Who has the 2002 April Issue of National Geographic?? I want to read the article on "Search for the Afghan Girl."!!((:

No comments: