Friday, October 09, 2009

LTA Ambassador is tough

28 Sept - 8 Oct, weekdays.

Life as LTA Ambassador is really tough. REALLY. * Fumes rising*, the kind of fume that is hotter than having 3 consecutive nights of fever. It's lucky that fly and bear did not take up this job, if not the newspaper next day will read something like, " Men found dead in MRT Stations". and you wouldn't miss it because it'll probably be with a font size of 72 or bigger.

Sorry, I made an error in the "skills required": it should be "the ability to face complaints 13 hours a day independently and continuously smile for a week. "

This job is about getting paid $6 per hour to be LTA's scapegoat. Ya, queue too long, counters too few, notice too small, letters too late, staff too slow, system too inefficient. Everything and anything also my fault. Changing shift also my fault, taking lunch also my fault.

@ Chinatown, one men took my name straight to the head office, because the counter is changing shift for 20 minutes and I should pay him back his car park fees? Ya, he didn't take the number, he took the address.

Sometimes I wonder, why don't they blame themselves for not replacing their cards for the last 9 months? They took it on us, one week temp staff.

Many other fuming stories. I think I have never received such bad testimonies of myself before.

Of course, they are some nice events too(: The supervisor who encourage us with a pack of Riccola, Chinatown eyebrow shaping auntie who offer a seat and many other grateful and polite commuters and tourists who offer the most basic appreciation like " thank you" or even a smile. It's really a pleasure to serve such people, even if they took us extra time, extra explanation or extra walk. They are a delight((:

Now, this is called customer service. Still better than F&B though.

No comments: