Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Sim's Operation

29 December 2009, Tuesday.

When we visit Andy this morning, he was in no better condition than Sim. Andy was being stripped off his freedom too. Totally bed-ridden. He had to pee & poo @ his bed. He dared not even allow the nurses to sponge bath him. SHY.

Sim went for his operation rushy in the morning. So rush that he did not even have time to text Andy a word of encouragement that he sent his mum over to deliver his words. What was supposedly to be an hour's type of surgery, took 4-5 hours just for preparations and monitoring.

After I came back from project for an evening visit, Uncle Low was discharged): I missed uncle Low! He shared his terrifying experience of his heart surgery that leave scars across his chest, up from his thighs. Like the MRT lines criss-crossing one another other. He shared his portion of fear and worry with Andy to encourage him to go for the operation. Litres or cubic metres of saliva from doctors of different level, nurses, family members, ward mates have been spent just to convince and assure him of the operation.

Sim is transferred to the High Dependency Ward and given Morphine to relieve the severe and agonizing pain. Sim is a strong guy who refused Morphine and choose to tolerate the pain because of the side effects of Morphine(highly addictive drug). I don't know if he did give in in the end but there would surely be a pain limit that a human can bear. I almost wish to I could have his morphine to relieve my menses cramps right now!ARrRRRH!!

My brother will be next tomorrow morning. SSShh. Don't tell him about the extreme pain, we would not want to get another phone call from the nurse report missing patient.
I made 3 cards yesterday night.
First is for Andy, Isiah 41:10 Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.2nd is for Sim, wishing him to see the rainbow soon after the rain and the fireworks after the last second of 2009. And Strength to overcome the great pains.( I hoped he did read the card before he was rushily sent to the operating theatre!! He would need it) Nehemiah 8:10 " The joy of the Lord is your strength."Lastly is for Uncle Low, wishing him to taste the familiar home-cooked food and sinked with the warm and flurry home pillows again when he's discharged. Proverbs 15:30 A cheerful look bring joy to the heart, and good news gives health to the bones. ( now that he should have both!) happy happy!

No comments: