Friday, March 12, 2010

OBS- CUTTER EXPEDITION DAY 2

9 March 2010, Tuesday

First thing in the morning- Diarrhea. TWICE.
Maybe it's the canteen food. More than half of our team gotten it.

I learnt to hoist a mizzen sail.
I learnt the different type of ropes.
I learnt the different types of knots.

1.BOW LINE- 'Rabbit, Tree and Hole.'

2.CLOVE HITCH- 'Cross'

3. FIGURE OF EIGHT

Before we set sail. We did a dipping. Jump into the sea from the side of the boat and swim forward to touch the bow head to bless a safe and smooth sail.

I love the sight of the person whose whole face creases up and redden while pulling the sail.
I love the sound of the sail flapping so hard because of the wind.
I love the touch of the rope. (Craftsmanship)
I love the smell of the sea.
I love being part of the crew. (Teamwork)

Difficulties faced:
- I had to wear long sleeve wind breaker, long track pants, caps and apply sunblock like every half an hour because of the scorching sun. Just look at Daxino's burnt at the back and Yi Zi's swell on the lips, like a hot dog.

- There was no corner of privacy. You know? to answer nature's call. The guys just stand at the bow head and pee it down into the sea while we sit facing the opposite direction. The girls have to go down to the baby Avon boat to pee. LOL. Open Sea, Open Space. I didn't' pee and shit at all!

But overall, I still like sailing!! I LOVE SAILING. LOVE LOVE LOVE.

At night we anchored our boat down and paddled on a half leaking baby Avon boat to a beach and pitched a tent for rest. Dinner was settle on canned food heated up on mesh tins. Food waste were all dump into the sea. ( ONLY BIODEGRADABLE STUFF) .And we saw wild boar running around when I urgently needed to go to the toilet for another round of diarrhoea.

No comments: