Friday, March 12, 2010

OBS- CUTTER EXPEDITION DAY 1

8 March 2010, Monday

We took a ferry from Punggol Jetty to Pulau Ubin our camp site.

My Team: Rajaratham

My Instructor: Tracey

My Team Mates: KJ (Kelvin), Daxino, Khairul, Edwin, Kee Boon, Martin, Joshua, Jun Wei, Karen, Sakinah, Yi Zi and myself.

My Cutter Name: Semangat ( " Spirit" in Malay)

We did rock climbing for the first day. Very surprisingly I reached the top!! Even I myself couldn't really believe it. The last time I reached the top of a rock wall was in the P5 SparkC Camp I went with the goldfriends. Then as age increases, the number of rock wall panels I can reach decreases. I think this exception was only made possible by the support, encouragement and guidance from my friends whose holding my life line. Anyway, I am proud of Rajaratham because the entire group reached the top!

Climber, " Am I on belay?"
Belayer, " No, you are not." ( tighten the ropes)
Climber, "Ok, That's Me."
Belayer, " Screw check, pull check, instructor check."
Climber, " Climbing."
Belayer, " Climb On."

Rock Climbing consist a team of 5. Climber, Supporter, Belayer, Anchor, Assistant Belayer.

Evening we got our food ration for 3 days of sailing. To fit that food into that small air-tight bag, we had to compress the food. Like how? Like pressing the bread till so flat that 4 loaves combined into 2.

A tip for controlling sea sick- look far, look straight. and eat ORANGES.

No comments: