Saturday, January 30, 2010

Dialogue in the Dark

26 January 2010, Tuesday

I went to Dialogue in the Dark(DID) with my WISP class. This is what it looked like, pitch black, zero trace of light. An hour experience of blindness.

It's about senses, imaginations and teamwork now. Personally, I like market the best! They had a wide variety of textures and fragrant. It is the first time I hold and examine a cabbage so closely with my nose. I like brushing my fingers against the refreshing waterfall, and crossing that shaky bridge and climbing over the bicycle wheels. I like the way our hearts pound together with the increasing speed of the beeping traffic light. I like the way we swing our walking stick so hard that annoyed the people in front, the way we got lost and scream for names across the room, and finally finding back the familiar smell of the jacket that belong to my dear fly, my security. We would sit down at the cafe with our drink and start fumbling over the tiny silver hole to poke the straw. Finally, our tour guide, Angeline, who is visually impaired (all of the staff in DID are visually impaired, just of different degree) would lead us back to the light. She never get to see us, neither do we. What remains of her in us are her breath and voice, friendliness and cheerfulness. It is a unique experience(:

No comments: