Tuesday, May 19, 2009

iGallop

Backpacking,

"Enjoy a free lodging wherever you go. Connect to a network of individuals around the world who don't mind loaning their couches to travllers. Not only do you get a shelter over your head, you'll also get to interact with the locals and experience the placy their way" @ http://www.couchsurfing.net/

My mum intended to sign up as a surfer and a host, but had some difficulty. Any one who is a member, please invite us in!

I remembered being a really short temporary "host" @ Punggol MRT last year in March. Thanks to Dorian & friends, Hazel & Dom, Jaslyn & Aaron who were ALL super late for their our meeting, I got a chance to interact with this Denmark traveller who was seeking for direction in Punggol with a map.

Since I had almost an hour free. We sat down at a coffee shop, shared our culture, experiences and lifes. ( some questions really startled me, like what's the price of a HDB-Flat in Singapore, what's the population of Singapore, What's the land size of Singapore etc etc, I wish I had taken those information more importantly.) Then I brought him for a LRT Ride around Punggol, showing him the vast plains of grass and its development. We even took a photo together with Jaslyn(:

It's truly a wonder to be a host and surfer this way. I know my mum, she would not bring us surfing to other county, but I hope she would involve us while hosting(:

I will be a member of it Someday.

No comments: